The Jeep Wrangler is one of the vehicles that favor outdoor enthusiasts. It’s built, its might and most of its features make it one of the best automobiles for adventure-seekers. Now, imagine you’re a family of serious cyclists and you’re planning to pack your bikes on your Jeep Wrangler when heading out for an off-road cross-country trip? In this case, you’ll definitely need the best Jeep bike racks.
If you’re a serious cyclist, then you’re aware of how important your bike is. Since you’ll be driving on rough terrains, stashing your bike on a bike rack will ensure that it doesn’t get scratched or damaged when driving on bumpy roads.
So, in this guide, we’re going to detail some of the best bike racks that are currently in the market. We’ll also discuss some of the factors you must consider when buying a bike rack as well as answer some of the pressing questions you might have regarding bike racks.
- Best Jeep Bike Racks: Editor’s Top Picks
- Top 11 Best Jeep Bike Racks Reviews:
- 1. Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks
- 3. Retrospec Lenox Bike Rack
- 4. Thule 598001 Roof Bike Rack
- 5. Swagman TRAVELER XC2 Bike Rack
- 6. SportRack Ridge Hitch-Mount Bike Rack
- 7. MAXXHAUL 50025 Hitch Mounted 2-Bike Rack
- 8. Thule EasyFold XT Bike Rack
- 9. Kuat Racks NV 2.0 Bike Rack
- 10. YAKIMA – FullSwing Bike Rack
- 11. Ultra-Compact Trunk Mounted Bike Rack
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Jeep Bike Rack
- Types of Bike Racks
- How to Install a Bike Rack
- Frequently Asked Questions about Jeep Bike Racks
Best Jeep Bike Racks: Editor’s Top Picks
Top 11 Best Jeep Bike Racks Reviews:
1. Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Weight Limit: 140lbs
- Fits: 4 Bikes
Claiming the pole position in today’s discussion is the Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Rack. Now, the Allen Sports brand is a family company that was founded by Dick Allen in 1967. However, it wasn’t until 1971 that the company received a nationwide presence for its products. Although they manufacture different types of bike racks, this specific model has received worldwide recognition for its design and performance.
First, this bike rack for Jeep Wrangler is designed to carry 4 bikes. So, in case you’re traveling with friends, or if you’re a family of four, then this bike rack is the ideal option. Secondly, this rack is equipped with dual UV-resistant rubber cradle straps that secure your bikes to prevent them from shifting. The straps have a soft cradle bed at the bottom that protects your bikes against shock when traveling.
When it comes to the installation, the Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Rack is equipped with a tight locking knob that mounts the rack on the Jeep’s receiver hitch. In case you don’t have the bikes on board, the carry arms on the rack can be folded to get out of the way. Other than the carry arms, the mainmast can be tilted to pave the way in case you need to access your Jeep’s trunk.
- The carry arms are designed to fold away when not in use
- The dual-compound rubber cradle straps secure your bikes against knocks when driving
- The main mast can tilt away to let you access the cargo area
- The straps are wide enough to fit tubes of different thickness
- Easy to install by pressing the necessary release buttons
2. MaxxHaul 50027 2-Bike Rack
- Weight Limit: 75lbs
- Fits: 2-Bikes
- Material: Steel
Claiming the second position is the MaxxHaul 50027 2-Bike Rack. Now, the main reason why this bike rack has secured a place in this discussion is due to MaxxHaul’s positive reputation in manufacturing and distributing authentic Jeep parts such as towing and hitch-mount accessories. With its unique design and thorough inspection, the MaxxHaul 50027 2-Bike Rack is designed to accommodate two bikes when traveling or when taking a recreational tour.
Now, unlike the Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Rack, this one is designed with hooks at the top and adjustable tire cradles at the bottom. The hooks at the top are designed to handle bike frames of different sizes. The adjustable cradles, on the other hand, are designed to retract to fit tires of different sizes.
Still at the bottom, there are adjustable rubber straps that tie your bikes’ tires against the rack to keep them secure. Just like other bike racks, the MaxxHaul 50027 is designed to stand vertically on your hitch receiver. It’s secured in place using hitch tightener pins to ensure that it doesn’t shift when driving on rough terrains or bumpy roads.
- Designed to handle a maximum weight capacity of 75lbs
- The hooks and the cradles can be adjusted to hold bikes with different frames and tire sizes
- The vertical post is easy to dismount to allow access to your cargo area
- Designed to fit both Class III and Class IV 2” hitch receivers
- Manufactured by an authentic brand
3. Retrospec Lenox Bike Rack
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Weight Limit: 170lbs
- Fits: 5 Bikes
The Retrospec Lenox Bike Rack works like a charm when paired with your Jeep Wrangler. At 25 pounds, this bike rack is extremely light making it an ideal choice for mid-aged and elderly users. Installation is fast and simple making it a friendly option for novices that aren’t aware of bike carriers.
Now to the capacity, the Retrospec Lenox Bike Rack is designed to accommodate up to 5 bikes. With such a decent number, you definitely need a rack that’s sturdy enough to handle the bulk. For that reason, Retrospec has used alloy steel in the construction to guarantee safety to your bikes when driving.
Besides, they’ve used 5 different rubber straps and cradles to secure each bike independently when driving. When it comes to fitment, this Jeep bike rack is compatible with Class II and IV 2” hitch receivers. The good news is that this type of hitch is universal meaning you won’t struggle to fit the rack on your Jeep Wrangler. Other than that, this bike rack is designed to handle a maximum weight of 170lbs making it a cool option for your weekly two-wheeled conquests.
- Includes an adapter to provide additional stability to the bikes when driving
- Offers a maximum weight limit of up to 170lbs
- The carry arms have enough spacing to accommodate bikes with different frame designs
- Compatible with the Class II and IV 2” hitch receivers
- The design allows you to fold the rack when not in use
4. Thule 598001 Roof Bike Rack
- Colors: Black + Silver
- Fits: 1 Bike
- Weight Limit: 44lbs
Now, the Thule 598001 Roof Bile Rack is a very different rack that secures your bike on the roof of your Jeep rather than on the rear. This design helps to free up the rear to give you access to your spare tire and the trunk. If this is exactly what you’re looking for, then let’s see what this bike rack has to offer.
First, this roof rack is a clear example of the modern-day roof rack systems as it has a couple of innovations that aren’t present with its predecessors. One of them is the diagonal quick-release wheel straps that provide stability to your bike while keeping it centered on the wheel tray. Another improvement is on the clamp and frame holder.
Here, Thule has equipped the clamp with an internal torque limiter to avoid overtightening your bike’s frame. They’ve also used a soft rubber material on the frame holder to avoid damaging your bike’s frame. This is good news to serious cyclists that ride bikes with expensive carbon frames. About the wheel trays, these can be paired with Thule’s ProRide Fatbike Adapter to fit tires with different widths.
- Can be fitted on the left or right side of your roof rack
- Fits bikes with a wide range of frame and wheel designs
- The frame holder has a torque limiter to avoid overtightening your bike’s frame
- The frame holder has a soft rubber material that conforms to your tube’s frame design
- This bike rack is super light and easy to install
5. Swagman TRAVELER XC2 Bike Rack
- Weight Limit: 70lbs
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Fits: 2 Bikes
The Swagman RV Approved Bike Rack is a convenient pick for couples that enjoy driving and cycling in the vast outdoors. Designed for RV enthusiasts, this bike rack is mountable on 2” x 2” trailer hitch receivers or tall 4” – 4.5” RV bumpers. Now, unlike other best Jeep bike racks, this one is specifically designed to hold just two bikes.
Although the Swagman bike rack has room for just two bikes, there are lots of features that make it a top contender. One of those is the ability to accommodate bikes of different categories. So, whether it’s mountain bikes, kids’ bikes, or road bikes, this bike rack will not discriminate nor disappoint your efforts. Other than that, assembly and disassembly take just a few minutes provided you follow the right instructions.
About the design, the Swagman RV Approved Bike Rack consists of an upright arm that hooks to your trailer or RV hitch receiver. This arm can be folded easily by pressing the push button to take it out of the way in case you need to access the cargo area. This bike rack is designed to endure a maximum weight of 70lbs and a wheel size of 20 – 29 inches.
- Powder-coated to prevent rust
- The package includes a dedicated bumper mount adapter
- Fits on Class II and III hitch receivers or 4” – 4.5” RV welded bumper adapters
- The vertical bar can be folded easily to give access to the rear part of your RV
- At 624 ounces, this rack is considered light but extremely sturdy
6. SportRack Ridge Hitch-Mount Bike Rack
- Weight Limit: 140lbs
- Material: High-Strength Steel
- Fits: 4 Bikes
The SportRack Ridge Hitch Bike Rack is another outstanding rack if you’re looking to transport 4 bikes at a time using your SUV or Jeep Wrangler. Now, one reason that has allowed this bike rack to bulldoze its way into this list is the unique swing-away design that lets it swing like a door. This way, you’re able to access the rear of your SUV or Jeep model without having to disassemble the rack.
Other than the swing-away design, this rack has ample spacing between the bikes to prevent them from knocking against each other when driving. In fact, this rack has a low-profile design that prevents it from obstructing your view in case you have a back camera installed on the rear tire of the car.
When it comes to the security of your bikes, the SportRack Ridge Hitch Bike Rack is equipped with soft rubber fasteners that hold your bikes tightly to prevent any shifting. These straps are universal meaning they’re compatible with most bike frames. Other than that, this bike rack is made from high-strength steel that has a lightweight of just 55lbs. This specific model is compatible with 2” hitch receivers only and can bear weights of up to 140lbs.
- This specific model fits the 2” hitch receiver only
- Rubber straps and cradles protect your bikes’ frames from scratches
- The rack has a swing-away design that gives you quick access to your car’s rear
- Ample spacing between the bikes prevents the bikes from knocking against each other
- Installation is quick and easy
7. MAXXHAUL 50025 Hitch Mounted 2-Bike Rack
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Weight Limit: 100lbs
- Fits: 2 Bikes
The MAXXHAUL 50025 Bike Rack is another cool bike rack model that’s manufactured by Maxxhaul. Just as we mentioned earlier, Maxxhaul is one of the main manufacturers and distributors of recreational, towing, and hitch mount accessories for SUVs and Jeep Wrangler vehicles. With such a remarkable experience in this department, they’ve managed to design a bike rack that meets all customers’ demands and expectations.
The MAXXHAUL 50025 Bike Rack has a lot to be admired. First, this bike rack has a weight limit of just 100lbs making it ideal for transporting two bikes. It has adjustable high-impact plastic cradles and soft buckle-type straps to secure your bikes’ frames against the rack when traveling.
The post is made from high-strength steel and it’s coated with rubber padding to prevent metal-on-metal contact. So, with this design, you won’t worry about your car or bike getting scratched when installing the rack or when loading your bikes. Other than that, this Jeep Gladiator bike rack is equipped with a universal hitch adapter that fits Class I, II, III, and IV 1 ¼ “ to 2” hitch receivers.
- Has a swing back feature that lets you tilt the rack to access the rear
- Built-in locking knob keeps the vertical pole upright to prevent wobbling
- The dedicated hitch adapter fits a wide range of hitch receivers
- Rubber padding on the pole helps to prevent bike scratches
- Reflector stickers on the poles keep the rack visible to motorists trailing behind you
8. Thule EasyFold XT Bike Rack
- Weight Limit: 130lbs
- Fits: 2 Bikes
- Material: Aluminum + Plastic
Earlier on, we discussed the Thule 598001 Roof Bile Rack, which we said is designed to fit on your car’s rooftop. This time around, we have the Thule EasyFold XT 2 Hitch Bike Rack, which is designed to fit on the rear of your SUV or Jeep Wrangler vehicle. Unlike the previous bike rack, this one is a more outstanding choice that will offer great value for the money.
First, this rack is made from a mix of aluminum and plastic to keep it light and strong. It comes with a foldable loading ramp that allows you to load the bikes with ease. This bike rack is designed with an easy collapsible option that lets you fold it into a small pack that resembles a backpack. It has a carry handle and ergonomic wheels that lets you transport it with ease.
Now, although the Thule EasyFold XT 2 Hitch Bike Rack is made from aluminum, it doesn’t mean that it’s fragile. This bike rack is designed with an impressive high-load capacity that allows it to handle two bikes weighing 65lbs each. It has a smart foot pedal tilt feature that lets you tilt the frame with the bikes loaded to access the rear of your car.
- Designed to fit on 1.25” to 2” hitch receivers
- Can be integrated with Thule Fatbike Wheel Strap Kit to fit bikes with larger wheelbases
- Designed to handle a maximum weight limit of 130lbs
- Easy to fold and carry using a carry handle
- The anti-theft design allows you to lock the bikes tightly on the rack
9. Kuat Racks NV 2.0 Bike Rack
- Weight Limit: 120lbs
- Fits: 2 Bikes
Next, in this discussion, we have the Kuat Racks NV 2.0 Bike Rack. Now, one of the things that make this bike rack a must-have is the easy installation process as well as ease of loading and off-loading the bikes. Loading your bike requires you to use the front leathering arm to strap the front tire then use the rear strap to secure the rear tire.
Once you’ve loaded the bikes, the incredibly solid metallic stand provides advanced reinforcement that keeps the bikes intact and free from wobbling when driving. Now, one feature that allowed the Kuat NV 2.0 Bike Rack to stand out from the rest is the ability to fit bikes with different frame designs. So, regardless of your bike’s model and tire size, this Jeep Wrangler bike rack can accommodate all types of bikes provided they have a wheelbase of up to 48” and a width of 4.8”.
Now, to those with fat bikes or bikes with a wheelbase of 20” – 24”, Kuat has an extra adapter that you can order to fit your specific wheels. Other than that, this bike rack is designed to tilt backward to give you easy access to your car’s rear. It’s made from metal and is designed to accommodate two bikes each weighing 60lbs.
- Capable of accommodating more bikes by adding more bike cradles
- Additional adapters allow you to accommodate bikes with different wheelbases
- There’s a cam-lock feature that prevents sway and rattle when driving with the bikes onboard
- Loading the bikes is easy using the front and rear straps
- Strong enough to accommodate 2 bikes weighing 60lbs each
10. YAKIMA – FullSwing Bike Rack
- Weight Limit: 160lbs
- Fits: 4 Bikes
- Compatibility: 2” Hitch Receiver
Although it appeared quite late in our discussion, the YAKIMA-FullSwing Bike Rack is an excellent pick if you’re looking for a rear-mounted rack that can accommodate at least 4 bikes. Now, one feature that has allowed this bike rack to squeeze its way into our list is its ability to accommodate bikes designed with the traditional frame geometry.
However, if you own a mountain bike, women’s bike, or kids’ bike that incorporates the latest frame designs, then there’s nothing to be shy of as you can get a TubeTop adapter, which is sold separately. Now, when it comes to your bikes’ security, the YAKIMA-FullSwing Bike Rack uses a mix of ZipStrips and Same-Key-Lock System to secure the bikes from falling off the rack or getting stolen while driving.
For ease of usage, the YAKIMA-FullSwing Bike Rack is designed with a tilt or swing-out rack that gets out of the way to give you clear access to your vehicle’s trunk. To those that own expensive carbon frame bikes, this bike rack is designed with fully padded arms that protect the frames from scratches.
- Designed to accommodate a maximum weight of 160lbs
- The TubeTop adapter allows you to fit a wide range of bike models
- The swing-away design gives you clear access to your Jeep’s rear
- The arms can easily fold down when not in use
- Same-Key-System locks provide ample protection to your bikes against theft
11. Ultra-Compact Trunk Mounted Bike Rack
- Fits: 1 Bike
- Material: Steel
- Weight Limit: 35lbs
Claiming the remaining post in this discussion is the Ultra-Compact Trunk Mounted Bike Rack. Manufactured by Allen Sports, this rack is one of the best bike racks for Jeep Wrangler in the market today. Unlike most of the bike racks we’ve discussed so far, this one is the tiniest, slickest, and lightest.
Now, first, this bike rack is manufactured in the USA making it an authentic piece. Secondly, it has a patented ultra-compact design that lets you fold the rack to a size that fits your backpack for easy mobility. About the installation, this bike rack is designed with 3 padded legs that rest on the rear of your car. Three adjustable straps are then used to support the rack to keep it stable.
The cradles on the carry arms and the main spine are neatly padded to protect your bike’s frame from scratches. The padded spine on its side is designed to keep the bike at a safe distance from the car’s rear mirror to avoid damage. Designed to accommodate a single bike, the Allen Sports Ultra-Compact Bike Rack is compatible with a wide range of automobiles such as sedans, SUVs, minivans, and hatchbacks.
- Made from a durable alloy steel material
- Comes with a nylon carry bag for easy mobility
- Padded straps and main spine protect your bike and car against scratches
- The rack is compatible with most vehicles
- This bike rack is backed with Allen’s lifetime warranty
Things to Consider When Choosing a Jeep Bike Rack
If you happen to peruse through all the bike racks we’ve discussed here, you’ll realize that most of them are identical in one way or another. However, if you dig deeper into each bike’s features and abilities, you’ll realize the racks differ by a huge margin.
Since everyone has his/her own needs and demands, this buyer’s guide section has listed some of the factors you must pay maximum attention to before parting with your hard-earned money.
Number of Bikes:
So, how many bikes are you planning to transport? This is the first question you need to ask yourself when shopping for a Jeep bike rack. Now, if you look at the racks we’ve discussed in the review section, you’ll realize that each one of them has a varying number of cradles.
In most cases, each cradle is designed to handle one bike. Therefore, when shopping, you need to confirm the number of cradles to determine how many bikes the rack can accommodate. Still, on the number of bikes, you need to consider the maximum weight limit of the bike rack. This way, you’ll determine whether the rack can handle the maximum weight of your bikes.
Build Quality & Material:
When choosing a bike rack, you need to consider the type of material that’s used in the construction. For instance, if you look at most of the racks we’ve discussed here, you’ll realize that most of them are constructed from alloy steel. With such a strong material, longevity and your bike’s security are automatically guaranteed.
If you’re the kind of cyclist that considers his bike as a valuable investment, then you might need to give this parameter the first priority when shopping for a bike rack. You see, bikes are expensive and it’s every cyclist’s nightmare to find their bikes’ stolen off the bike rack.
So, to avoid losing your valuable investment, you need to find a bike rack that has a couple of anti-theft features. One of these features is a locking mechanism on the bike rack that consists of several locks using the same key. With these locks, you’ll manage to strap your bike on the rack in a way that no one will manage to take it off easily.
When we speak of attachment, what we’re referring to is the mechanism used to mount your bikes. In most cases, the best bike racks for Jeep Wrangler come in two categories that are the hanging rack and the tray-style rack.
The hanging rack on its part is designed to hold your bike’s frame when mounted. The tray-style rack, on the other hand, attaches to your bike’s wheels to keep it secure. So, with these two options, it’s now up to you to pick which style will best suit your needs.
When getting a new bike rack, it’s important to get a model that gives you easy access to your car’s rear. For this reason, you need to get a model that has a tilting, swinging, or collapsible option. This way, it will be easier for you to move the bike rack aside to create ample space to access your car’s rear.
Ease of Use:
Another key feature you must consider when choosing a bike rack is ease of usage. Here, we’re talking about ease of installation and loading/offloading your bike. You see, bike racks come with different mounting styles.
Although we’ll discuss this in detail, later on, the rear mounting style is mostly considered the simplest as it gives you the ease of loading and offloading your bikes.
Type of Car:
Lastly, you need to consider the type of car you’re driving. You see, most of the best Jeep bike racks are designed to fit specific vehicles. Some are designed for SUVs while others are designed for sedans, Jeeps, minivans, and hatchback vehicles.
So, when making your decision, you need to check the manufacturer’s fit guide to determine which type of rack will suit your specific vehicle.
Something else you need to be keen on here is whether your car uses a receiver hitch or a crossbar. Next, you need to consider the size. Is it a 1.25” or a 2” receiver hitch?
Types of Bike Racks
Perhaps the biggest factor you need to consider when choosing a Jeep Gladiator bike rack is the type. You see, the type of bike rack you’re planning to get can affect all the factors we’ve discussed above. It can affect the type of car you’re using, ease of usage, the number of bikes you can load, and your bikes’ security.
Thankfully, bike racks come in different types. So, depending on your needs and demands, there’s always an option that can work for you. That said, let’s discuss them in detail.
If you’ve seen a Jeep Wrangler with a bike rack, then there’s a high probability it’s a hitch-mounted variant. This type of bike rack is a popular choice for most Jeepers as it offers a lot of conveniences. First, it’s easy to install provided you have the right hitch, which in this case is the conventional 2” or the smaller 1 ¼“ hitch receiver.
Another benefit of this type of bike rack is the ease of loading and offloading your bikes. Since it’s at a convenient height, you don’t have to worry about lifting your bikes way above your head like it is in the case of rooftop racks.
The last benefit of considering a hitch-mounted rack is the fact that it saves your fuel usage. Since the bikes are located at the back, there’s less wind drag as compared to if the bikes were mounted on the rooftop.
To those with crossbars on the roof of their vehicles, a roof-mounted rack is a convenient option you can consider. This option tends to suit most off-roaders that enjoy hauling toys, kayaks, and other gear on the rooftop when going out for picnics and other outdoor fun.
Now, the best thing about a roof-mounted rack is that it offers you a permanent solution for mounting your bike. Since it doesn’t interfere with anything, you don’t need to uninstall the rack when not in use. Besides, this type of rack tends to free up most of your rear space giving you quick access to the trunk or the spare tire in case of an emergency.
Lastly, this Jeep Wrangler bike rack comes in two popular models that suit your needs. One of the models requires you to lock both wheels while the other requires you to remove the front tire for easy loading.
Now, if you own a soft-top Jeep model, then it will be impossible to use a roof-mounted rack. In case you don’t have a hitch at the back of the Jeep, then it will be even worse. For that reason, a spare-tire-mounted rack is one of the bike racks that steps in to fill the void.
Here, the bike rack is mounted right on your Jeep’s spare tire. The rack offers advanced stability to the bikes. Since it’s mounted on the spare tire, there’s enough clearance between the bikes and the Jeep’s body meaning you won’t worry about damages.
Although it allows you to tow with your bikes on board, this type of bike rack suffers one major setback. It denies you direct access to the rear and the spare tire.
The last type of bike rack you need to be aware of is the trunk-mounted variant. With this type of rack, all you need is to attach the rack at the rear of your car using straps. The best thing about these racks is that they’re the least expensive making them the best for people on a tight budget.
They’re also ideal for all types of vehicles as they don’t demand to be mounted on the rear spare tire, rooftop, or hitch receiver. Trunk-mounted racks are also very light making them easy to load and offload.
Since they’re hooked on the lip of your car’s trunk, these types of racks can scratch or damage your car’s paint job if you’re not careful. Since they don’t have a locking mechanism, these racks offer minimal security meaning anyone can easily take away your bike.
How to Install a Bike Rack
- Step One: The first step of installing a bike rack is to determine the type of rack that best suits your needs and demands. So, here, you’ll basically choose between a roof, hitch, and spare tire rack.
- Step Two: In the case of a hitch-mounted rack, you need to align the vertical rack and the hitch receiver then use the available bolt to tie them together. During installation, ensure the bolts are tightly locked in place to avoid wobbling.
- Step Three: In case the hitch receiver doesn’t fit your specific rack, you can try to add a hitch extender to your Jeep. You can also add a hitch stabilizer in case you notice the rack is unbalanced.
- Step Four: The same goes if you’re installing a spare tire-mounted rack.
- Step Five: Lastly, there’s the roof-mounted rack. With this type of rack, you need to start by installing cross rails on the roof of your vehicle. When you’re done, mount the bike rack on the base of the cross rails to allow it to sit securely at the top.
Frequently Asked Questions about Jeep Bike Racks
Q1. Are Bike Racks Road Legal?
Well, this will depend on the state you’re in. In some regions, mounting bike racks at the back of your vehicle is considered illegal. That’s because the racks are believed to block the visibility of your car’s license plate. So, to avoid getting fined, it’s safer to mount the rack up high on your vehicle so it won’t interfere with your license plate.
Q2. Which Type of Bike Rack is Considered the Safest?
Now, this will depend on your perspective as everyone has his/her own experience when it comes to the bike rack for Jeep Wrangler. However, most people prefer the hitch-mounted rack to the other three categories. When it comes to safety, these types of racks offer the best safety features such as the locking mechanism to prevent the bikes from being stolen.
The poles themselves are attached to the hitch receiver using special pins and bolts to ensure that no one can dismount them when you’re not around. Other than that, hitch-mounted racks improve your car’s fuel economy as they’re not affected by wind drag.
Q3. Can You Open the Trunk with the Bikes Mounted?
With the advancement in technology, bike racks are coming with more improved features that make them better and much easier to use. Some features such as the tilt and swing-away options make it easier to access the rear without struggling.
However, when it comes to opening the trunk with the bikes already mounted, most experts consider it unsafe. The reason for this is that most back doors are not rated to hold the extra weight of your bikes. As a result, the door may either break or fall off.
Q4. How can I Prevent My Bike Rack From Theft?
When it comes to protecting your bike rack from theft, there are a few steps you need to consider. These steps include;
- Step One: Start by locking your bike rack when it’s not in use. This way, no one will manage to take it off easily.
- Step Two: Next, try to compress the rack to make it smaller. If your rack has collapsible arms, then you can try to fold them to minimize their size. By making it smaller, it will be quite hard for your rack to attract the attention of potential thieves.
- Step Three: Always hide your keys in creative spots. This includes your gloves compartment, in case you’re cycling, or somewhere inside the car.
We’ve now come to the end of our lengthy discussion. In case you’ve read up to this point, then you’re now well informed on the topic of the best Jeep bike racks. As you can see, bike racks for Jeep are immense and come with many innovative and fancy features.
For this reason, sometimes it becomes extremely difficult to pick a bike rack that suits your exact needs and demands. Thankfully, this guide has managed to discuss at least 11 high-quality bike racks that will provide the best value for your hard-earned money.
So, whether you own a Jeep, SUV, hatchback, RV, or sedan vehicle, these bike racks will not disappoint your efforts whatsoever.