The beauty of owning a Jeep Wrangler is enjoying the freedom of removing its top when cruising in that warm beach weather it’s during summer or during the night when preparing a barbecue or starting a bonfire. If you own a Jeep, keeping your powerful machine equally attractive in the eyes of other Jeep enthusiasts is something you must ensure at all times. But, to guarantee this, you need the convenience of the best Jeep soft top to make your ride fun and comfortable in case the weather gets rough.
The reason why we’ve suggested soft tops is due to several factors. One, these accessories are made of a super-durable fabric that shields your Jeep’s interior from the elements such as scorching summer sun, rain, freezing winter, and wind. Two, these accessories come in different variations. So, with just a few bucks, you can get a half top, full top, flip top, or a bikini depending on your needs. Lastly, Jeep soft tops are easy to put on and take off. With that said, if you’ve been facing troubles choosing a perfect Jeep soft top for your dear auto, then you’re lucky as this guide has compiled a review of 10 of the best soft tops you can consider for your Jeep Wrangler.
- Top 10 Best Jeep Soft Top Reviews:
- 1. Bestop 5482317 Supertop
- 2. Pavement Ends by Bestop 56840-35 Frameless Sprint Top
- 3. Bestop 54853-17 Trektop Pro Hybrid Soft Top
- 4. Pavement Ends by Bestop 51197-35 Black Diamond
- 5. RAMPAGE PRODUCTS 99835 Factory Replacement Soft Top
- 6. Smittybilt 9970235 Black Diamond OE Style Replacement Top
- 7. Bestop 5682035 Black Diamond Trektop
- 8. Pavement Ends by Bestop 51148-35
- 9. Bestop 56823-35 Black Diamond Trektop NX
- 10. Sierra Offroad Factory Style Soft Top
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Jeep Soft Top
- Types of Jeep Soft Tops
- Benefits of Having A Soft Top
- How to Install Jeep Soft Top
- How to Clean Jeep Soft Top
- How to Fold Down Soft Top
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Editor’s Top Picks
Top 10 Best Jeep Soft Top Reviews:
1. Bestop 5482317 Supertop
To start our review on a high, we’re going to inspect the Bestop 5482317 Supertop NX Black Twill to see what Bestop has to offer. Now, the first thing you’ll love the moment you get into contact with this twill is the type of engineering they’ve managed to employ here. Although it’s called a soft top, the triple-layered twill fabric they’ve used here has a rich texture that makes it strong and very durable.
In fact, the quality of this twill is similar to those used by high-end luxury cars such as Rolls Royce and BMWs. Other than the quality, Bestop has put compatibility at the forefront as this soft top is compatible with most Jeep Wranglers regardless of whether they’re 2-doors or 4-doors. It’s also compatible with all Bestop door kits making the assembly process easier and more convenient.
Another area Bestop has focused on is longevity. Here, they’ve managed to add a special coating on the fabric to protect you against UV rays and rain. The arc bars are made of higher-strength steel with a layer of power-coating to protect them from corrosion. The side and rear windows are fitted with YKK scoop-coated zippers that are both durable and reliable. Stitched using a 135 gauge polyester thread, the Bestop 5482317 Supertop NX Black Twill is one of the best Jeep Wrangler hard tops that will never disappoint you.
- It has 40mm thick tinted windows.
- Built with improved durability and longevity.
- Compatible with most 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler models.
- Doesn’t contain any PVCs.
- The YKK zippers are highly reliable.
- Its rigidity makes installation quite difficult.
- It’s quite expensive.
2. Pavement Ends by Bestop 56840-35 Frameless Sprint Top
Second, on our list, we have the Pavement Ends 56840-35 Frameless Sprint Top by Bestop. Now, one of the factors that have pushed us to add this soft top to our list this early is its tremendous superiority in the Jeep Wrangler industry. Engineered by a company that boasts of having 6 years of experience in the industry, you can rest assured that you’re getting a product that will never fail you.
The first impressive feature about this Jeep frameless soft top is its frameless characteristic that allows you to slide the fabric on your Jeep’s factory framework without straining yourself. The fabric itself is made of 23-ounce diamond-point fabric that’s both UV and mildew resistant. It’s also double-stitched with a durable marine-grade thread that prevents any heat and moisture penetration to the interior.
When it comes to installing the fabric, the process is usually quick with less hassle. Since it has an integrated intrusion, attaching it to your door surround is very easy as you only need to slide it all around. Besides that, a rear crossbar has been added to provide a tighter fit at the rear edge of your Jeep. Designed with removable D.O.T. approved 25-mil vinyl tinted windows and a flip-back sunroof panel, the Pavement Ends 56840-35 Frameless Sprint Top is an affordable option that will provide you with plenty of value for your hard-earned money.
- The UV resistant feature helps to prevent color fading.
- The double stitching design slows down the rate of wear on the seams.
- It can convert into a bikini soft top by removing the upper half doors.
- Offers a decent 3-year limited warranty.
- Easy to attach to your factory door surround.
- It’s quite challenging to fit it.
3. Bestop 54853-17 Trektop Pro Hybrid Soft Top
Another quality soft top you might like to check out is the Bestop 54853-17 Trektop Pro Soft Top. What makes this soft top a top performer is the amount of versatility it strives to offer. Despite being so affordable, this soft top claims to fit most 2-door and 4-door Jeep Wrangler models from 2007-2018.
The reason why this soft top has made it so early in our list is due to its patented features that seem to appeal to most Jeep enthusiasts. The first feature is the full hardtop that fits tightly on your Jeep’s frame to prevent any moisture from passing through. Another feature is the easy hassle-free installation. With a weight that’s less than 80 pounds, mounting this soft top is fast and easy than most aftermarket hardtops.
Another feature that will appeal to you is the real glass rear hatch that relies on gas-assist struts and a rear glass defroster grid to help you open and close the rear window with less effort. About the side windows, slider panels have been added to let you slide the glass windows effortlessly if you wish to add more ventilation. Available in a variety of cool colors to choose from, the Bestop 54853-17 Trektop Pro Soft Top is a versatile soft top that offers a combination of efficiency and durability.
- It’s usable in different environments.
- It has an exclusive Sunrider back-flip panel at the top.
- It can convert into a Safari Bikini top for extra ventilation.
- Its high compatibility allows it to fit securely.
- The rear glass hatch allows you to access the cargo area with less effort.
- Sometimes the fabric comes off when driving at high speeds.
- It needs more time to stretch.
4. Pavement Ends by Bestop 51197-35 Black Diamond
With over 6 decades of manufacturing Jeep soft tops and nearly 25 years supplying factory-installed soft tops for Jeep Wrangler models, Pavement Ends has once again introduced another soft top that lies in Bestop’s line of affordable soft tops. In case you’ve been struggling to find a perfect soft top that will match your Jeep model, then the Pavement Ends 51197-35 by Bestop is one smart choice that will help you upgrade the appearance of your Jeep
First and foremost, this soft top is crafted from marine-grade cotton that has an extra vinyl coating to protect the fabric from UV effects. The model of the fabric is 35-Black Diamond though you have the option of choosing your preferred model ranging from 01-Black Twill, 09-Charcoal, 15-Black Denim, to 33-Dark Tan among others.
When it comes to the installation, the Pavement Ends 51197-35 will not trouble you much. Since it doesn’t require any additional hardware, you’ll only mount it on your Jeep’s factory frame. Besides that, it comes with removable windows that can be removed to welcome a calming breeze when driving in hot weather. The windows can either be tinted or clear meaning you’ll have a chance to choose the best model that will work for you.
- Comes with upper door skins and DOT-approved vinyl windows.
- It utilizes heavy-duty OEM plastic teeth zippers for smooth operation.
- Available with both tinted and clear vinyl windows.
- Doesn’t require any special tools during installation.
- The windows can be removed to allow cool air in.
- It leaves some gaps around the windows.
- The zippers are not long-lasting.
5. RAMPAGE PRODUCTS 99835 Factory Replacement Soft Top
Most of the best Jeep soft top you’ll find in the market strive to offer different exciting features. While the RAMPAGE PRODUCTS 99835 Factory Replacement Soft Top is no exemption, what makes it different is how RAMPAGE PRODUCTS has strived to give Jeep diehards a soft top that will revitalize the looks of your dear auto.
Made from a fade-resistant material, this soft top is designed to bring new beauty and functionality into your Jeep Wrangler. Installation is one area this soft top has thrived on as it’s designed to neatly fit on your Jeep’s existing factory framework. The wick-stop double threading is perfectly done to keep the seams perfectly sealed to prevent moisture from penetrating through.
Just like most of the Jeep soft tops we’ve already discussed here, the RAMPAGE PRODUCTS 99835 is designed with tinted rear and side windows that are easily removed by unzipping the jam-resistant zippers. It also has a top back-flip panel that can be opened to allow sunlight and fresh air to penetrate through when driving.
- It’s compatible with most Jeep Wrangler models from 2007 to 2010.
- The fabric used is a marine-grade fade-resistant material.
- Both the side and rear windows are easily removable.
- It fits in your Jeep’s existing framework like a glove.
- Has a very reliable self-correcting zipper.
- Fits too tightly causing it to leave a gap at the rear.
- Only fits Jeep Wrangler 2007 to 2010 models.
6. Smittybilt 9970235 Black Diamond OE Style Replacement Top
If you’re looking to replace your old worn out soft top with something young and stylish, then there’s no reason why you shouldn’t choose the Smittybilt 9970235 Black Diamond Replacement Top. This soft top doesn’t just replace your old soft top but it goes beyond that to give your Jeep a charming look that will leave all heads turning.
The reason why this soft top is so reliable is due to Smittybilt’s 50 years of experience in manufacturing and marketing reliable Jeep outfits. In the case of the Smittybilt 9970235, this unit is constructed from a marine-grade fabric that’s vinyl coated to prevent it from extreme fading. It’s also stitched with 135-gauge threads that are wax coated and heat-sealed to make them mold and mildew resistant.
As an OE replacement soft top, the Smittybilt 9970235 doesn’t take much of your time when it comes to mounting it or removing it from your Jeep. The package comes with 2-front upper door skins and tinted sides and rear windows. Since it doesn’t stretch, fitting it is usually an easy endeavor as you don’t require any special tools.
- Comes with a blend of cool colors to choose from.
- This fabric is DOT approved.
- The marine-grade OEM style fabric used is fade and stretch resistant.
- Fits perfectly on most OE frameworks.
- The seams are heat-sealed to prevent leakage.
- Since it doesn’t stretch, flapping may occur when driving.
7. Bestop 5682035 Black Diamond Trektop
The Bestop 5682035 Black Diamond Trektop NX is one of the latest Jeep JY frameless soft top that will never disappoint you. This modern-style soft top is designed to specifically upgrade the look of your Jeep Wrangler without having to dig deep into your pockets.
It features a superior premium-grade multi-ply fabric that’s tight enough to prevent sagging and flapping when driving. The fabric is double-stitched on the seams to maintain rigidity to prevent snow or heavy rainwater from penetrating through. On the top sector, there’s a brilliant Sunrider that folds back and forth to provide you with adequate sunlight when driving.
Besides, there’s a full anodized aluminum frame at the top that keeps the fabric in perfect shape to prevent rainwater from accumulating at the top when driving. This triple-layer Black Twill fabric is also versatile enough to fold in several styles such as fully-enclosed, top-down, and bikini style. The rear and side windows are also tinted to give you adequate protection against direct sunlight.
- It has tensioning straps that keep it secure once it’s mounted.
- The sunroof option provides sufficient light and fresh air when driving.
- It can fold in a variety of styles.
- The sides and rear windows are removable.
- Offers a 5-year limited warranty.
- It doesn’t fit Unlimited.
- It holds rainwater at the top.
8. Pavement Ends by Bestop 51148-35
The Pavement Ends 51148-35 By Bestop is another latest offering that explains why this manufacturer has been dominating the soft top business in recent times. With over 6 decades of experience in manufacturing Jeep soft tops, Pavement Ends knows exactly where the shoe pinches most and have gone ahead to give Jeep owners the ultimate solution. That solution comes in the form of a high-quality soft top that fits snugly on your Jeep Wrangler to give it an improved look and appearance.
Made from vinyl-coated marine-grade cotton fabric, the Pavement Ends 51148-35 is so tough that it’s never shaken by weather fluctuations. The seams are double-stitched while the zipper system is a jam-resistant zipper that doesn’t allow any moisture to penetrate through.
When it comes to the assembly, you’ll be surprised to discover that this soft top doesn’t come with any hooking accessories. Instead, it relies on your Jeep’s factory frame, bows, and tailgate throughout the installation process. Although the package doesn’t include door skins and mounting hardware, it comes with tinted side and rear windows that protect your passengers from the hot summer sun.
- The windows are 31% tinted.
- It’s mounted using your Jeep factory hardware.
- The marine-grade fabric used is all-weather resistant.
- It has double-stitched heat-sealed seams to keep moisture out.
- Offers a 1-year warranty.
- The material is thin and can scratch easily.
9. Bestop 56823-35 Black Diamond Trektop NX
Although the Bestop 56823-35 Black Diamond Complete Frameless Soft Top has appeared quite late in our review, its appearance here comes as great news to owners of Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. You see, most of the soft tops we’ve reviewed here are not compatible with Jeep Unlimited models. Therefore, with this soft top at the disposal, owners of this Jeep model will have something to celebrate and smile about.
Now, the Bestop 56823-35 is an interesting soft top. First, this soft top has totally excelled in the aesthetic class as it has managed to offer Jeep owners a premium soft top that can convert from a full body to a safari bikini mode when hiking with your friends. On the other hand, this soft top has not sacrificed practicality and durability.
Therefore, besides giving you an open-air driving experience, it has a combination of high-quality performance fabric and a top-grade double stitching technology that allows the soft top to cover your Jeep and protect it from the harsh weather. This fabric is also wrinkle resistant meaning you won’t have to fit it during summer just for it to stretch up.
- The best for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited models.
- Made from a triple-layer Black Twill material.
- It has a vinyl coated side and rear windows.
- There’s a fold-back sunroof for added convenience.
- Installation is fast and easy.
- Sometimes the fabric flaps around when driving.
- It leaks water on the rear seats.
10. Sierra Offroad Factory Style Soft Top
Do you own a vintage Jeep Wrangler TJ model and you’re wondering where you’ll find a soft-top replacement? Well, you don’t have to worry any longer as Sierra Offroad has come with the right solution. The Sierra Offroad Factory Style Soft Top is exactly what we’re talking about. Constructed from a marine-grade vinyl coated fabric that boasts of a combination of denim and sailcloth vinyl, this soft top has featured in most Jeep soft top reviews and for a good reason.
Now, most of the Jeep soft tops you’ll find in the market come in dark colors. But, when it comes to Sierra, this brand has designed their soft tops with cool custom colors and patterns to match your aesthetic requirements.
To those looking for exceptional craftsmanship, the Sierra Offroad Factory Style Soft Top is double stitched with top-grade wick stop thread that has heat-sealed seams to prevent any leakages. It also has self-correcting zippers that seal the side and rear windows tightly to prevent any moisture from penetrating the interior.
- Coated with marine-grade vinyl.
- Fitted with Velcro straps for a secure mount.
- Offers a 3-year limited warranty.
- Heat-sealed seams prevent any cases of leakages.
- Comes with a cool color combination.
- The stitching can come apart after a long time of regular use.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Jeep Soft Top
Whether you’re getting a jeep Wrangler soft top replacement or you’re buying one for your new Jeep, it’s easy to get lost when choosing a specific model that will meet all your demands. In most cases, you have to make a decision based on so many factors most of which are overwhelming.
So, to simplify everything for you, this section has managed to filter the most relevant factors that are a must-have when buying a soft top.
Hard Top vs. Soft Top:
The first factor you need to think of when choosing a soft top is to decide whether to go for a soft-top or a hardtop. Now, hardtops on their side are durable and more superior. Since they’re heavy-duty, they’re capable of insulating your Jeep to keep the interior warm. They’re also waterproof and don’t produce any flapping noise when driving at higher speeds.
Soft tops, on the other hand, are thin and less bulky. Their lighter weights make them easy to install. They’re also reliable during summer months as the hassle-free removal and installation allow you to switch to bikini mode to enjoy some cool air. The only problem with them is that they offer a low level of insulation meaning they can easily expose you to freezing cold.
This is a very critical factor most Jeep owners fail to consider. If you look at our review section, you’ll realize that most of the soft tops are designed for specific Jeep models. This means that buying such soft tops for a Jeep model that’s not highlighted in the specifications will only end up disappointing you. Therefore, before settling for a specific soft top, always verify that it’s compatible with your Jeep model.
Quality of Material Used:
The fact that these soft tops are made of fabric opens up several weak points one of which is rapid wear and tear. Thankfully, most of the soft tops we’ve discussed here are made of quality fabrics such as sailcloth and twill.
Sailcloth on its side is a tri-ply fabric that consists of an inner layer of vinyl sandwiched between two layers of polyester. At 28oz, this fabric is heavy-duty and has a longer life expectancy. It also copes well with tough weather conditions making it the best for all-season use.
Twill, on the other hand, is a tough fabric that weighs 30oz. It boasts of improved insulation from the elements as well as luxurious flexibility that makes it the best among most high-end vehicles. So, when choosing a fabric, you need to get one that’s coated with vinyl to guarantee a high level of UV protection.
Most people usually make this error when choosing a soft top. They usually buy a soft top without considering the type of climatic conditions they’ll be driving on. As you already know by now, soft tops are very light and are hence the best for summer seasons. Therefore, if you happen to get a soft top for your Jeep during winter, then you’ll end up freezing yourself at the cabin as a soft top will do less to insulate your Jeep.
With that said, if you notice that the weather in your region keeps shifting from summer to freezing cold winter, then you’ll need to have a hardtop at the disposal to allow you to shift it with the soft top when temperatures are too low.
Ease of Installation:
Another factor you need to focus on when choosing the best Jeep soft top is the ease of installation. Although most brands will claim to offer a certain level of ease and convenience when putting on or taking off the soft top, you need to be very keen on those extra features that make installation so easy.
You need to check whether the installation will require a pair of hands and whether it needs special tools to accomplish. By keeping these factors in mind, you’ll be able to land a specific soft top that will never trouble you when putting it on or taking off.
Framed vs. Frameless:
Another factor you need to be keen on is whether to get a framed or a frameless soft top. A framed soft top on its side consists of an aluminum skeletal framework that connects to the roll bar to support the fabric. This type of design offers your fabric a more structural reinforcement from harsh weather. Meanwhile, a frameless soft top consists of a series of rails that support the fabric. The worst thing about this type of design is that it lacks rigidity. On the positive side, it offers you more cargo space without any obstruction.
If you use your Jeep daily, then perhaps buying a high-quality soft top is the perfect option. But, since the best soft tops are constructed from high-quality materials, you’ll have to spend more to get a durable and long-lasting product. However, if you use your Jeep occasionally, then there’s no need of spending too much money buying an expensive soft top. Instead, you can get one made from a lower-grade fabric at a cheaper price.
Any Additional Features:
A soft top is just designed to protect you from harsh weather. You need to look for soft tops that offer extra features such as removable windows, sunroofs, convenient storage pockets, powered retracting tops, and a variety of fabric skin colors.
Types of Jeep Soft Tops
Now, grooming your Jeep is one of the toughest endeavors you can ever think of. That’s because these 4X4 vehicles have fewer aesthetic accessories as compared to sports cars. Thankfully, with the best soft top for Jeep Wrangler right at your disposal, dressing up your Jeep to give it a new look has become extremely easy. So, in this section, we will discuss the main types of Jeep soft tops that are available in the market.
But, just before we begin, it’s important to highlight that Jeep soft tops come in two major variations—the framed and the frameless variants. Just as we mentioned earlier in our previous section, framed soft tops consist of aluminum frames that attach to the roll bar to give you more structural support. On the other hand, frameless soft tops consist of a series of rails that attach to your Jeep’s roll cage for support.
With that said, let’s now discuss some of the other sub-divisions of the Jeep soft tops that are available in the market.
This type of soft top is the most common among most Jeep Wrangler owners. The reason why it’s named a bikini soft top is because of its ability to offer adequate coverage while still exposing you to some sunlight and cool breeze when driving.
- Flip Top:
With this type of soft top, you can easily flip the top panel over to gain access to the sun’s rays directly when driving. In the case of some light showers, you can easily flip back the top panel to protect your Jeep interior from getting wet.
- Safari Soft Top:
This type of Jeep soft top is very similar to the bikini. In fact, it’s considered a larger version of the bikini as it’s designed to fit from the top to the rear seats of your Jeep. This type of soft top protects you from harmful elements while still allowing you to enjoy a cool breeze when driving.
Benefits of Having A Soft Top
Now that you’ve already made up your mind to get a soft top for your Jeep Wrangler, the next thing you might be asking yourself is how you’ll benefit once you take this route. So, if you’ve decided to go topless more often, then here are some benefits of considering the best soft top for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.
- Versatility: The first benefit you’ll enjoy once you install a soft top is the wide range of available options. From full tops to half tops, flip tops to bikinis, there are actually a whole lot of options lined up for you to choose from. So, whether you prefer to go topless, casual, formal, or anything in between, soft top models will always offer much-needed convenience and versatility.
- Affordability: Now, we all know how light soft tops are. Due to this characteristic, you’ll definitely expect them to cost almost nothing especially if they’re being used during summer. Therefore, instead of spending so much on a single hardtop, why don’t you get several soft tops for just a few dollars and interchange them at will?
- Easily Foldable: Another benefit of having a soft top is the ease of folding it. In case you’re driving on a hot summer afternoon, you can easily remove the side and rear windows to allow cool air to circulate through. In case it starts raining, a soft top will allow you to put back the windows within minutes and still manage to push on with your drive without getting wet. These accessories are also very helpful if you need to keep your cargo safe inside the jeep. All you need to do is to zip the windows securely.
How to Install Jeep Soft Top
After gathering some inspiration from this guide, the next step you’ll take is to go straight to the nearest store to get a brand new soft top. Once you’ve settled on a specific brand and model, the next step, which is the most important, is to install the soft top on your Jeep. So, how do you go about it? Let’s find out in this step-by-step discussion.
- Step 1: If you’re replacing an old soft top, then the first step you’ll take is to remove the old soft top to switch it with a new young soft top. The first step is to unzip the windows to remove them. Next, undo all the clips to free the soft top. Remove it gently and fold it neatly. In the case of a framed version, you’ll need to loosen the Torx bolts to separate the Jeep’s roll cage from the aluminum frames. Wiggle the soft top to loosen it and later remove it from the Jeep.
- Step 2: With the old soft top out of the way, start by aligning the metal frame both on the front and rear runners. Make sure that you lock the clips into place.
- Step 3: Now pick your soft top and place it on the frame until it aligns perfectly.
- Step 4: With the fabric perfectly aligning with the frame, start by inserting the plastic runners inside the sockets on the bottom rear part of your Jeep.
- Step 5: Once you’re through with the bottom rear, the next step is to secure the upper-medium of your Jeep.
- Step 6: Now, in this step, you’ll be inserting the windows both on the rear and the sides of your Jeep. To do this, you’ll only need to use the zippers by fastening both zippers on each window.
- Step 7: Lastly, you’ll have to secure the soft top for you to enjoy a perfect ride. To do this, you’ll simply have to install pins within the grommets to prevent the soft top from flapping when driving.
How to Clean Jeep Soft Top
Now that you’ve installed and tested your new soft top, the next question that is likely to come to your mind is how you’ll be cleaning the soft top. Now, your Jeep soft top consists of a light fabric that’s susceptible to regular damage. Therefore, cleaning this soft top will require you to be careful to avoid puncturing its surface.
So, one of the simplest methods you can employ when cleaning your Jeep’s soft top is by taking your car to an automatic cleaner. These special cleaners use soft brushes to clean your Jeep’s exterior. The only problem with this method, however, is how the high-pressure jets blast the fabric with water continually. One problem with this idea is that it can cause leakages on your Jeep’s interior.
Following these drawbacks, one safe way you can consider to clean your soft top is by using a soft-bristled brush. With this approach, the soft bristles of the brush will not harm your soft top in any way. It will also help you remove any stubborn stains that might have accumulated on your soft top.
Another method, which is considered the best for cleaning soft tops, is using a sponge or a soft cloth. Although this method will fail to remove stubborn stains, it’s usually the best as it doesn’t hurt your soft top fabric in any way.
How to Fold Down Soft Top
Now that you’ve bought, installed, and washed your new Jeep Wrangler soft top for sale, the last thing you’re definitely eyeing to accomplish is to fold down the soft top safely without ruining the fabric. Although it might seem like a hassle at first, this process is extremely easy the moment you master it. Here’s how you can do it.
- Step 1: Start by moving to your Jeep’s cabin to unlatch the hooks on the windshield frame.
- Step 2: Once it’s unlatched, raise the top to flap it on the sunriser position.
- Step 3: Next, open the rear doors to remove the sides and the rear windows. You can do this simply by undoing the zippers.
- Step 4: Next, release the sunriser clips at the top of the Jeep to free them. Once they’re free, hold the soft top and push it towards the rear of the Jeep.
- Step 5: Fold it in a synthetic “W” shape until it fits securely on the rear.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Will the Soft Top Fit My Specific Jeep Wrangler Model?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions by most Jeep owners. Since there’s no definitive answer to this question, everything will meltdown to the type of Jeep model you own. So, before you move on to shop for a soft top, it’s wise that you countercheck the model, year, and make of your Jeep.
What’s the Average Life Expectancy of These Soft Tops?
The life expectancy of a Jeep soft top will greatly vary depending on key factors such as the use, the level of maintenance, and how much care it’s given. For instance, if you drive a lot in rough weather conditions, then you’ll be exposing your soft top regularly something that will ruin its longevity. Also, if you happen to use harsh cleaning solutions, then this too can ruin the longevity of your soft top.
So, if you want your soft top to have a longer shelf life, you need to take extreme care when dealing with it. By following the right maintenance protocols, your soft top will enjoy a prolonged lifespan that ranges from 5 to 7 years.
Do I Need a Professional to Do the Installation?
Well, in most cases, installation doesn’t demand a professional to do it. If you’re an enthusiast DIYer, then this project can be accomplished quite easily by following the right information. By learning the basics, you won’t have to hire a professional to do it on your behalf.
Do I need Any Special Tools During Installation?
Now, installing a soft-top doesn’t require any special tools. With just a wrench, a spanner, and a couple of screwdrivers, this process can be accomplished within a few minutes without having to break a sweat.
As you can see, there’s a wide range of jeep soft tops available in the market waiting for the right customer to get them. This easily tells you how the Jeep Wrangler is such a versatile and highly dependable type of auto for outdoor excursions. When it comes to finding the best Jeep soft top, you need to weigh or rather evaluate your options to find the right model that will fit your needs.
Thankfully, this guide has conducted comprehensive research that will work as a guardian angel when selecting your perfect choice. So, by following all the information contained in this guide, you’ll not only shop for the best soft top but you’ll also have enough tips on how to install, clean, and fold your new soft top for Jeep Wrangler.